Friday, April 10, 2009

This...



...is my new favorite snack, the maneishe, a perfect example of less is more. Circular, doughy bread, a little larger than a 7", covered with zatar, a Middle Eastern spice combination of oregano, sumac and thyme. Thank you Armenia. Thank you Sasoun Bakery. Only $1 each.

(If anyone finds a way to send a Publix sub my way without sacrificing the taste I'll gladly send you six of these in return.)

Other highlights of life of late:
1. Riding my bike.
2. Watching the Mets on my MLB Extra Innings package. I have a sinking feeling the Mets may be one or two starters short of doing what I want them to do this year. But we'll see...
3. Listening to the new MF Doom album which is really good though not as good as my favorite, MMfood.
4. Creating green curry paste from scratch. I went out and bought a mortar and pestle, to the amusement of the two middle aged Thai ladies behind me at the register, and went to work on some spices. I also made a pretty nice Salmon with Zanzibar spices. I'm getting my own Food Network show soon. Just watch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who is wrapping up a year with NBA Season Pass I can identify with you and also envy you. Of course, if I lived in LA I wouldn't have needed it...

pc

4/12/2009 9:48 PM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i had my trademark ultimate on wheat [with pepperjack and lots of green peppers] just last week. goodness.

MC2, i do really envy your wide variety of asian / latin / other ethnic dining. the loss of thai of athens has been tough, panang suegai delivery was another staple.

4/13/2009 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home