Saturday, October 10, 2009

Here and there

1. So I watched the much hyped Paranormal Affairs last Saturday night (midnight showing) and came away...satisfied. I don't really think it's the scariest film ever, although I guess it's probably in the top 10 or 20, depending on what scares you in a movie. Tense is the word I think best describes it. From the initial relatively minor indication of the presence of something in the house to the only slightly flawed last 20 minutes, there's an occasionally chill yielding tension that most horror movies I see the days don't really understand. There are some hollywoodisms near the end I guess Paramount couldn't resist not putting in. But other than that, it's a good movie.
2. Getting excited about potentially seeing my favorite band ever in reunion fashion. For old times sake, here's a cool little New Zealand TV special that I assume was put out right around or before Slanted and Enchanted.



The band Mark Ibold mentions is the 3-Ds and the nice little song SM is air guitaring to is right here:


3. I now teach one kid named Michael Jordan and one kid named Michael Irving.
4. About to go get some ribs to eat during the Alabama-Ole Miss game. BBQ in California does not really compete in any way with BBQ in Alabama or Georgia but I've heard this place is good, and it's in a shitty neighborhood, so I'm crossing my fingers.
5. Here are some nice albums I've purchased lately: Raekwon-Only Built for Cuban Linx II, Times New Viking-Born Again Revisited (they sound better on vinyl, in my opinion), Studio One Dub, Bob Dylan and the Band-The Basement Tapes, Girl Talk-Night Ripper. I also bought a Deltron 3000 cd and a Handsome Boy Modeling School cd and sold them both back within weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

About to scope Paranormal on a rainy ass day in San Fran. Report to follow. Btw, big ups to Khoff for already having been an awesome tourguide one day into the trip.


We def need to get together somewheres for the P reunion tour.

10/13/2009 1:33 PM  
Blogger kenniebloggins said...

Who is Michael Irving? Kinda like my student, Jerrion Norwood. And I'm serious, too.

10/28/2009 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home