Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Animal Precinct


Has anyone seen Animal Precinct on the cable channel, Animal Planet? I fought back a tear or two watching the show today, and I ain't the cryin' kind. For those who haven't seen the show, it's COPS for animals. The officers work for ASPCA (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), saving the lives of animals on the mean streets of NYC. In today's episode, one officer tried to save a goose, two others went under cover to catch a neglectful dog owner, and three other officers responded to a complaint about a neighbor's stinky apartment. The tenant of the apartment had Crohn's disease, was suffering from depression, had an emaciated cat, a really feisty cat, and --as it turns out-- a dead cat in the closet. After the officers rescue the animals, they take them to ASPCA headquarters, so a few highly qualified (and usually really cute) veterinarians can try to save them. Tivo the show. You'll cry your eyes out. I promise.

I couldn't help but think about Micheal Vick's trouble while watching the show. If he's proven guilty of the charges against him, I think they should make him watch Animal Precinct as a part of his sentence.

On another note, as an elementary school librarian, I feel that it is my duty to comment on the Harry Potter bonanza. I could really care less about Harry, but I think he's cool nonetheless. The article below kinda sums up my perspective.

Here ya go.

5 Comments:

Blogger KP said...

I can't seem to make a link with blogger.

here's the url again;

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/07/22/a_little_post_potter_solace_and_not_for_kids_only/

Read a book or two on the list. I especially like The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, Witches, and the Chocolate War

7/24/2007 5:24 PM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i made it a link.

it's weird that it doesn't do them for you, my computer does it automatically. then again, i can't figure out how to "embed" youtube clips, so i'm obviously not that sharp.

7/25/2007 11:41 AM  
Blogger sauce said...

It's prob. cuz Kev. uses a big gay Mac.

7/25/2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger kenniebloggins said...

The Chocolate War was a fave of my middle/high school days. Holes is really good, too. I really like Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry and The Watsons Go to Birmingham.

7/25/2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger KP said...

yeah, probably. i'm used to spending a half an hour on something that takes me 5 seconds on a PC, and vice versa at times. thanks for fixing the link, Huevos.

Mildred Taylor is great...and she has such a sexy name. I like "The Well" alot, too. It's just a novella, but it packs lots of emotional punch.

7/26/2007 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home