Monday, September 24, 2007

Munson


As some of you may know, Larry Munson missed his first Georgia game in 42 years on Saturday night. His raspy voice was sorely missed, especially given the game ended so dramatically. He's one of the last of a dying breed. Check out this article about him; it's got a little history and a few of his famous calls.

Anyone else have favorite radio announcers? When I was a kid, I used to love listening to Marty Brennaman call Reds games on WLW in Cincinnati. I've always liked Skip Carey and Pete Van Wieren, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger tuppenhut said...

Were you that guy in the UGA bookstore always looking for the 8-VHS set of Larry Muson's Greatest Calls?

9/25/2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger KP said...

No, but I was the guy who borrowed the 8 VHS set from the guy who bought it at the UGA bookstore. I guess that kinda sums up my stand on UGA football. I like it alot...but not as much as some of the addicts I've met.

9/25/2007 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myron Cope, the Steelers radio guy, whose signature call was "Yoy and double Yoy"


pc

9/25/2007 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home