Monday, December 22, 2008

I hate the Atlanta airport but...

Chances are if you are flying out of Wichita your are not going to run into this guy in the next security line. As we were coming up to the x ray machines (a process expedited by our entrance into the special line due to PC jr. and his stroller) next to us was an aged gentleman riding in a wheelchair with a Vietnam Vet-type look (do rag, big moustache). I realized he was the Iron Sheik when I noticed that similar facial appearance, thick black moustache and, oh yeah, the Iron Sheik T-shirt he was wearing. Mrs. Colonoscopy sensed my excitement and urged me to say something to him but I choked in the moment, although given what I read on wikipedia the encounter may have ended with him calling me a faggot. Unfortunately for the Sheik father time seems to have caught up with hm, and I'm pretty sure even I could put him in a camel clutch now.

2 Comments:

Blogger KP said...

my star sightings at the atlanta airport:

dominique wilkins
emmanuel lewis
jackass columnist bill kristol

the airport is the great equalizer.

12/23/2008 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On May 5, 2003, Iron Sheik's 27-year-old daughter, Marissa Jeanne Vaziri, was found strangled to death in her apartment. Marissa's live-in boyfriend, Charles Warren Reynolds, 38, confessed to the crime and was charged with murder.

Maybe this is why he was looking so rough.

1/16/2009 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home