Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Memories

The Wal Mart in Stillwater Ok was/is one of the ten busiest walmarts in the country. For two years I worked in a video store housed in one of those little cubicles at the front of Walmart and basically watched the world go by. Although I tried to shift our product towards a higher aesthetic (earning managerial ire by selling the only copy of Bad Boys, which was the highest renting title of all time among the older movies), the truth was that I worked in a video store where you simply could not keep Patch Adams on the shelves. I never saw the vast majority of these things but this video certainly takes me back. Someone told me this is basically a compilation of pictures from a website called people of wal mart. Also, sorry I'm too dumb to just post the video instead of the link. Maybe someone can tell me how.



(thought i would take the liberty...good shit. - HM)

4 Comments:

Blogger kenniebloggins said...

Just copy and paste the embedding. It took me a couple of years to figure that much out.

1/20/2010 8:43 PM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

that's a nice pair of back tits.

1/21/2010 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PC-
my first semester in athens i actually worked on another end of the walmart chain--a distribution warehouse in winder where my job was to put little stickers on Purpose Driven Life type literature. i think i probably had nightmares about those books floating down the conveyor belt. we also were in charge of assembling the standies. right around that time i quit my job, and actually started hanging out with you guys. things were better 2nd semester.
mcsquared

1/22/2010 10:43 PM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

I never knew this.

A walmart warehouse is real no bones about it working-class work. You're a true man of the people.

1/24/2010 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home