Saturday, July 10, 2010

Recent activities

1. Listening to the new Big Boi album. "Shine Blockas" is my summer song.
2. Cooking, a lot. Sandwiched between a so-so squid curry and a green curry in which I realized, upon tasting it, that the green curry paste I made a few months ago and froze had gone bad, I baked a whole fish for the first time with a Jewish recipe from Kerala, India and actually hit at least a triple, if not a homerun.
3. Finishing up Season 2 of True Blood tonight with JC. I think I need to incorporate the Sookie Stackhouse novels into my summer reading list.
3. Finally watched Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain. I could write something halfway decent about it I guess, but I prefer this amazing comment from the Holy Mountain trailer on youtube:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!!!!!! I SEARCHED THE SONG HOLY MOUNTIAN BY SYSTEM OF A DOWN AND I GOT THIS!! WHAT IS THIS FUCKING MOVIE ABOUT!?!?!
The short Jodorowsky primer (below) by a documentarian who is kind of the Kige Ramsey of 70s Chilean cult cinema is also great. I actually like this guy, though the comments are kind of brutal.

4. Getting ready for Vegas (this weekend) and Pacific Northwest (two weeks)
5. Playing my best golf ever. Mastering my serve/learning how to serve in tennis is next.

4 Comments:

Blogger kenniebloggins said...

Are you working on a kick serve or a flat serve?

7/11/2010 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

flat serve, i guess. i'm in a very, very basic stage.

7/12/2010 10:54 AM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i still can't bring myself to play golf, probably because i'm a lawyer and it makes me feel like a stereotype. but i think i wanna start working on my tennis game. haven't touched a racket in years. but now that i'm over 30 and married, the timing feels right.

any athenians who wanna hit, give me a buzz.

7/12/2010 1:59 PM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

ps- i have a decent first serve (flat). but my second serve is pitiful, any decent player would decimate it.

7/12/2010 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home