Sunday, April 16, 2006

Three observations from the ATL

1. The new Hot Grits record is pretty damn good, more Deadish than I expected at times, and Saucey's screams are just as good as the air drums he was playing on the porch to the new Loose Fur album (isn't there a member of Wilco in that band?)
2. The $17.99 I paid at Tower for the Boredoms' Super Ae was horribly inappropriate. I should have paid more. Much more.
3. If you're driving down Auburn Avenue, late afternoon, kicking the new Ghostface, feeling white, leave it to some guy with a German WWII infantry helmet riding a Harley with his face painted to look like a skeleton to make you feel even more lame.

7 Comments:

Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i defy anyone to come up with a better instance of feeling lamely white than my best/worst: when i stopped at the light in front of that market on hancock, windows down, with "girlfriend with a coma" just blaring. the locals gathered there looked none too impressed.

4/17/2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger tuppenhut said...

I was driving down Auburn when a woman in knock-off Juicy sweats had her jacket unzipped and draped around her elbows wandered across 4 lanes of traffic at a non-crosswalk with her bare breasts a-bouncin'. It was really poignant.

4/17/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger tuppenhut said...

Oh, and I was listening to the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

4/17/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger KP said...

thanks for the shout out mcsquared (wow, that sounds white). check us out at cdbaby.com or hotgritsmusic.com

ghetto boyz --waiting for tacos at the bell on memorial dr.

4/17/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger il Gatto Grande said...

Huevos, beat this:

One time I went to Club 112 (aka "one tweezee") wearing khakis and a blue oxford button-down shirt and ordered a Heinekin. I looked like I was there to do somebody's taxes.

4/18/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Reno Melons said...

man...you're all so....white...

4/21/2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger kenniebloggins said...

got y'all...
1995(?)
I was at a packed house showing of Friday at the dollar cinema in Columbus with my then lady friend and my college roommate.We were the only white peeps in the joint. I got up to take a piss. When I returned, my roommate did not move his legs so I could sit down. We were in the middle of the theater. Somebody in the back shouted, "Sit Down, White Boy." My roomie moved and I slinked way down in my seat. Everyone was laughing and giving high fives and shit, and, to make matters worst, this old dude sitting behind me kept saying "Sit down, white boy in my ear and laughing for the remainder of the movie.

5/11/2006 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home