Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Three Six Mania

Just went to see the Omen remake, which was probably better than most of the remakes they have trotted out as late. There is one particularly classic scene, near the beginning of the film, involving Damien's wall decor. Damien's mom walks into his room and in the background you see some of Damien's recent artwork, tacked to the wall for viewing: a picture of what I assume are the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria, another picture with some diabolical figure/face in brown with the word "Damien" printed on top, and then a nice crayola job featuring Damien's depiction of his last nannie hanging herself. Give whoever came up with that a raise.
Pre-Damien, I got to see the following trailers:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning-Looks exactly like the last one they remade, which I was under the impression, at the time, was the beginning.
Miami Vice-Michael Mann may just out-Michael Mann Michael Mann with this one. The trailer for X3 fooled me so maybe this one will too but I'm not betting on it. And for all you Colin Farrell haters, see The New World and you might change your mind.
Little Man-I'm hoping that it will be logistically possible to work this in as some kind of double feature with Snakes on a Plane if they come out at the same time. I've seen this preview about five times and it never gets old.
The Wicker Man-I was talking to some guy at a cookout the other day and when I mentioned that Neil Labute was doing this he mentioned something or another about how Neil Labute was the king of satire and sadism or something like that. OK, maybe so. None of that changes the fact that there is absolutely no need to remake a perfect movie, which is what the original is in my opinion. Lord Summerisle. The innkeeper's daughter. That great scene where he's walking around the town and all that weird shit just keeps disappearing and reappearing. Trade that for Nicholas Cage and some boring location in America.

2 Comments:

Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

check out the wikipedia write-up of snakes on a plane:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on_a_plane


my personal highlight:

At one point, the film's working title was altered to Pacific Air Flight 121. In August 2005, a perturbed Samuel L. Jackson told an interviewer, "We're totally changing that back. That's the only reason I took the job: I read the title."[5] In another interview in early 2006, Jackson claimed that once he learned about the movie title being changed he said: "What are you doing here? It's not Gone with the Wind. It's not On the Waterfront. It's Snakes on a Plane!"[6]

6/30/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger kenniebloggins said...

At least he's not trying to exactly recreate the original. This will suck, but i'm glad it'll suck. I dunno if that makes any sense, but I really hate that it's being remade, too.
And I thought there would be something in this about 3-6 mafia playing the espys

6/30/2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home