Sunday, February 07, 2010

Near Dark



With "The Hurt Locker" getting all the recognition it deserves this Oscar season, it's time we revisted Kathryn Bigelow's 1987 vampire-western "Near Dark." Near Dark is one of those movies I saw at least 8 or 9 times right after it came out on video and then just got pushed waaaay back in my memory -- a status it shares with movies like "The Last Dragon." Unlike Last Dragon, though, Near Dark is not an ironic guilty pleasure. It's an awesome fucking movie. Check it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zig said...

Coincidentally enough, I just added this to my NetFlix queue last weekend for this same reason. I should get to it in a couple of weeks, after I watch _The Damned United_ and _Ong Bak 2_.

2/07/2010 5:19 PM  
Blogger Kota said...

I hate it when they aint been shaved

4/09/2010 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home