Friday, June 24, 2005

Is Astra The Next N'Sync?

...I think so. Saucy, Wes, Josiah, and Paul are like the new N'Sync of Athens. Now, I know that their influences are mainly from bands like...Sun Volt, Wilco, Jeff Tweedy, Sun Volt, and of course Wilco but their music rings out pure N'Sync to me. Saucy is pure Justin Timberlake to me. While Wes has musings of JC Chasez. Paul is more like a Lance Bass. Josiah is more like Chris Kilpatrick and Joey Fatone all rolled into one.

Why are they the next N'Sync you may ask? First off, everyone "loves" Astra. Everyone in Athens are at their shows. Who these people are I don't know, but they're there. Next, they're proclaimed by the bible of Athens The Flagpole (which tries to the be the Rolling Stone for the Athens community) as the saviors of rock and roll. Next, look at how much pussy they get. I mean this band has groupies everyone. Although I must admit I would like to be their negro whore and wrestle with all of them in a vat of wild honey. Now, there's an Astra house?!? Next thing you know they'll have their own weekly action/adventure cartoon on public access for the whole town of Athens to watch.

I dunno...I see the all the signs. Astra is definitely the N'Sync of Athens, GA.

3 Comments:

Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

nice work, Sexual Blackness.

6/24/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger tuppenhut said...

I think they remind me more of Destiny's Child, because they keep changing members for undisclosed reasons but playing the same songs.

6/24/2005 1:07 PM  
Blogger kenniebloggins said...

maybe you can get out the jockstraps, the astroglide, and the mats and have a battle royale in your living room, mr. reno.

6/24/2005 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home