Thursday, September 08, 2005

Eccentrics

Wow, that got a little heated didn't it? I apologize for the unfortunate turn towards Fox News-land here at 4KS. There are too many pundits in the world, and it would be sad if we traded our irreverent commentary (especially on Astra) for just more political talk.

I will share a humorous story with you all. I recently had the chance to go to Boca Raton, FL (for work, not fun). There I learned that the city was developed in the 20s or 30s by an eccentric fellow by the last name of Mizner. Mizner would walk around town in silk pajamas with a monkey on a leash. Did the monkey have a name? Yes, he was Johnnie Brown. Do I now have a little statue of Johnnie Brown on my desk? You bet I do.

I used to think I had some eccentric friends. Now I think the bar on eccentricity has been lowered over the years, because I've never known anyone nearly that weird.

3 Comments:

Blogger tuppenhut said...

Monkeys on leashes and silk pjs were as ubiquitous in the '20s as those magnetic "Support our Troops" ribbons on cars are today.

9/09/2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

if that is the case, then that was the time to live.

9/09/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger tuppenhut said...

yeah, that's why that decade was called "swinging" or "roaring" or something.

9/15/2005 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home