Friday, May 04, 2007

Christina!





My friend Melissa sang "What A Girl Wants" on Star 94 and won two free tickets to see Christina Aguilera at the Gwinnett Civic Center Wednesday night. She kindly invited me along for this monumental experience. We sat in the second freakin' row. It was amazing. Here's why:

1. There were no less than 20 wardrobe changes.
2. Christina Aguilera never wore pants. She had the hottest back up singers ever. They didn't wear pants either.
3. There was confetti.
4. The bass rocked so hard it rattled my internal organs.
5. I got to witness, on multiple occasions, fat, middle-aged men trying to flirt with 15 year old girls.
5. During the Moulin Rouge song and others, they had a circus onstage. A man juggling fire. Hot chicks on death defying swings. Dudes on stilts. Carousel horses. A man from the crowd was strapped to a huge, revolving wheel and Christina nearly dry humped him. Etc. Etc.
6. During "Dirrty," there was pole dancing.
7. Christina has some serious moves and some serious pipes. In another life, she would've made a great public address announcer.
8. She put together a much better performance than most of those candy-assed indie rockers I spend my hard-earned money on. At least give me a video screen to look at for 25 bucks a pop for god's sake!

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in Atlanta (or in the history of the world) who saw Ira Glass and Christina Aguilera in the same week. I'm not going to get into which performance I enjoyed better.

4 Comments:

Blogger (Not So) Sweet Melissa said...

You are most welcome. I think my ribcage still hurts.

5/04/2007 6:14 PM  
Blogger tuppenhut said...

no, you DO need to get into which performance was better. or at least answer the question: who would win in an ax battle, xtina or ira?

5/06/2007 11:46 PM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i am extremely jealous. this sounds amazing.

5/07/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger KP said...

ira would wax philosophical about the ax battle in an unprepared, off-the-cuff fashion. then, xtina would enlist one of her dancers to do the dirty work.

5/07/2007 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home