Monday, January 07, 2008

Ron Nader

So, apparently if you are one of the kids these days you are wearing a "Ron Paul" button (or hanging up one of those "Re-love-ution" banners). Like, if you voted for (or, more likely, would have vote for - if you were old enough) Nader in '00, you are voting for Paul this year. I'm making this statement based on nothing more than the observation that several record store clerks and waitresses are wearing the buttons, so it's possible that I'm blowing this out of proportion, but I think I'm generally right about this.

This is a little odd, right? I mean Paul and Nader aren't just different; they are diametrically opposed on every issue. Well, I guess, they are together on the war, but being against the war isn't exactly re-love-utionary these days.

Is this just a result of college students not knowing shit about anything (I will gladly include my 20-year-old self in that category), or is Goldwater Republicanism the new hip thing?

3 Comments:

Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i sure those kids consider themselves libertarians, which is to say they're conservatives who fancy themselves intellectual. they're just people who never got over their ayn rand phase.

1/09/2008 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul has somewhat interestingly also attracted the "9-11 was a conspiracy" crowd as well

pc

1/10/2008 4:03 PM  
Blogger KP said...

I think college kids are getting dumber. You hear a lot about libertarianism in Atlanta. Athenians, consider yourselves lucky.

Maybe Paul will take a few votes away from butthole conservatives like Huckabee and Romney.

1/12/2008 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home