Friday, July 03, 2009

Hmmm...


...found this via another message board the other day. I was always a Lego fan myself, rather than Playmobil.


Other activities of late:

1)Eating this sandwich (above). It's called a cemita and I found it in a sparsely decorated little restaurant in East LA. I meant to order something without meat, but the cashier wasn't really into speaking English, and my Spanish is very limited, so I ended up with a sandwich with pickled pig skin, basically a BBQ sandwich. It comes with lot's of avocado, quesillo (Mexican string cheese) and jalapenos and chipotles. It's one of the four or five best sandwiches I've ever had. On that note, I really miss that sandwich at Caliente Cab they called a Cuban, the one that wasn't really a Cuban, from what I could tell.

2)As part of a GA Theater tribute, last night I did the Dark Side of Oz thing for the first time, and I have to say that there's something to it. It works particularly well in the first 1/2 hour of the record, and then you kinda get bored. The tornado scene is worth it alone.

3)Whistling to "The Winds of Change" this morning at the grocery. (Down in Gorky Park...)
4) Reading Freakanomics which I should have read about 3 or 4 years ago when PC offered to loan it to me.
5) Listening to the ridiculous Prog box set my cousin burned for me.
6) Playing golf at that course that Jon Favreau and the guy from Office Space hit up in Swingers. 2/3 times I've played with a senior citizen with at least one major health problem and gotten schooled. The dude I played with today said he used to play on the PGA, which I thought was bullshit at first. Until I watched him play a few holes. He was very patient with me.
7)Watching Wimbledon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

winds of change is amazing. one of my favorite songs.

freakonomics is great. i've been really into those kinds of books of late. reading outliers right now.

7/04/2009 7:08 AM  
Blogger KP said...

i think wimbledon was created for lazy american teachers. i love watching it while everyone else is at work. would've been nice to see roddick pull it out for the u.s.a., but the king wins again.

7/06/2009 12:50 AM  
Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

i did feel bad for roddick, but i loves me some federer. i do hope nadal recovers so their rivalry can continue; have heard some rumblings these knee problems may be long term.

btw, i thought roddick was very dignified in his comments after the final (despite seemingly being near tears). seems like an alright guy.

7/06/2009 12:05 PM  
Blogger kenniebloggins said...

I'm ready for Nadal to get back to his regular routine of whipping Federer's ass. Hopefully, that will resume, but who knows with the tendinitis in the knees and all. I think Roddick really helped restore his cred in this tournament. Beating Murray, who is totally overrated, was awesome, but not being broken by Federer until the final game of the match was amazing. Overall, I found the match to be far less interesting that any of the Nadal-Federer finals, despite the marathon 5th set and the potential for Roddick's upset of Federer. Tennis really needs matches like this, or at least men's tennis does, to stay relevant in the overall sports picture in America.

7/07/2009 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home