Monday, November 12, 2007

LA Stuff


Here is the transcript from a conversation I participated in Saturday morning at a health clinic in industrial East LA where I was getting TB test for my job:

Mexican Dude #1: I'm seein' this chick that's Persian.
Mexican Dude #2: What the fuck's Persian?
Mexican Dude #1: Fuck if I know...I think it's like that Afghanistan shit.
Mexican Dude #2: Fuck that. Like those people at 7Eleven.
Mexican Dude #1: Yeah...She's fine though. And she likes Mexicans. And I sure am Mexican.
Awkward Pause.
Mexican Dude #1: Hey man (speaking to me), you know what Persian is?
Me: Uh...yeah, that means she's from Iran. You know, next to Iraq.
Both Mexican dudes: Ohhhhh shit.
Mexican Dude #1: So she's gonna be throwin' bombs at me and shit...

I also caught the Murakami exhibition at the MOCA. It was kind of weird looking at pop art sculptures of Manga girls with milk coming out of their breasts like long cylindrical clouds while little kids and teenagers walked around the exhibit with their parents. Try this link for a series of Murakami created commercials revolving around the pubescent and awkward mandroid Inochi. And remember, I watched this shit with kids and their moms.

2 Comments:

Blogger Huevos McGringo said...

is that last line made-up? awesome.

were you really at the public health clinic for a "work-mandated TB test"?

11/13/2007 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing was made up. and yes, i was there for just that.
mcsquared

11/13/2007 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home