as july 1st fast approaches, the question on everyone's mind is where will lebron sign. after that, all the other free agent ballers will fall into place. my predictions for what expect are as follows:
1. lebron will stay in cleveland. they will make a trade prior to the signing in order to convince him they're in it to win it.
2. wade will stay in miami. i think he's basically said as much.
3. bosh will sign with miami as well. sign and trade of some sort for michael beasley. miami will be up there with orlando, cleveland, and boston atop the east.
4. joe johnson will sign with chicago. teaming up with rose, they will join that upper echelon atop the east within the next couple years.
5. amare will sign with the nets.
where will carlos boozer sign? who gives a shit.
btw, i am a little intrigued by this chris paul trade talk. they said he's not on the block...but not convincingly. the team is losing money, and they're afraid he's going to become discontent soon with their penny pinching ways. they might well entertain that devin harris plus the no. 3 pick offer, which would allow them unload some other bad contracts in the deal (btw, a new jersey team with paul could well change the free agency happenings). also some talk of a deal to orlando for jameer nelson and vince carter. this again would allow a big salary dump. look, paul is a top ten star in the league, no question. but it doesn't seem likely the hornets will build a winner around him, what with their salary cutting ways. so why keep him around til he gets pissed and demands a trade? don't get me wrong, i would keep him for sure. but i'm not an nba owner losing money and trying to sell my team.